Welcome to the second edition of the Region 8 newsletter. We are putting this newsletter out on a bi-monthly basis to help keep our regional contacts and members up to date on what we are doing.
AFE Region 8 News
• The next regional board meeting will be on January 21st from 4:00 – 5:00 PM. It is a call-in meeting.
• Advertising on the AFE Region 8 website is $300 per year. Please reach out to me at email@example.com.
• The $300 sponsorship provides companies with exposure to hundreds of facilities professionals in New England. The logos are live links to the sponsoring companies website. In addition to their logo being on the website, their logos will also be displayed in our newsletter. Also for our sponsors, we will gladly post any special events or classes they are planning and will post any job opening they have on our website.
What are the roles and responsibilities of the Regional board is a question I hear from time to time. Why are we divided into regions? There are nine regions in AFE. The purpose of the regional construct is to organize the chapters into geographic groups in order to provide those chapters more local resources of the National office. Unlike the chapters, which have their own 501c6 IRS certifications, the regions are part of the National office and run under the AFE national IRS tax ID. The following are the different positions on the board of the region.
Vice President – Region (RVP)
• Represents his/her region's chapters on the Committee of Representatives (CoR), which consists of the other AFE Vice President-Region leaders throughout AFE.
• Maintains a close working relationship with the AFE Executive Director and AFE National Board President.
• Maintains an active interface with all chapters and individual members within a respective region.
• Is thoroughly familiar with the current bylaws and all AFE operating policies and procedures.
• Ensures that each chapter meets its responsibilities (i.e., report/tax form submissions, member retention programs, chapter officer listings, financial reports, meeting minutes, etc.).
• Sees that all chapters have elected their required officers and that a current list is sent to:
We are a professional membership organization serving professionals working in the built environment. Established in 1915, AFE remains the leading technical education and credentialing resource for facilities management professionals.